[Insight-users] MultiResolution registration

Mon, 03 Nov 2003 13:52:56 -0500

Hi Jesse,

When you use MultiResolution, it is convenient
to set a very large number of iterations in the
coarsest level as well as a small learning rate.

Don't care much about the subsequent resolution
levels until to succed to get convergence in the
coarsest level.

Once you get the first level to converge (that
is, to stop before using all the allotted
iterations), play increasing the learning rate
and decreasing the number of iterations for this
coasest level. The goal is to get it to converge
using the largest possible learning rate.
This will result in the shortest convergence time.

Once you have done this tunning for the coarsest
level, you can keep the parameters for this level
and start doing the same tunning on the next
resolution level.