[Insight-users] Importing Image Data from a Buffer

Mon, 03 Nov 2003 22:40:31 -0500

Hi Bing,

The ImportImageFilter should work ok for importing
a data buffer from an image with vector pixel type.

The only issue you may have to be concerned about
is the potential word-padding in the pixel type
if the pixel is defined as a class instead of
a simple vector.

That is, you should have to double check that the
content of your buffer is contiguous from one
pixel to the next.

The tutorial session:

    http://www . itk . org/CourseWare/Training/GettingStarted-V . pdf

describe multiple methods for passing data between
a non-ITK application and ITK filters. Slide 9 treats
the import image filter.

Please let us know if you encounter any difficulty.