[Insight-users] Segmenting Visible Human Data

Stefan Lindenau stefan . lindenau at gmx . de
Thu, 06 Nov 2003 16:48:06 -0500

Hi,

I have to do a segmentation on a part of the female Dataset of the
Visible Human. I think this part will be as big as 4GB.
After reading documentation and former Mailinglist postings I came to
the conclusion that the Watershed Algorithm in conjunction with the
SegmentationEditorFltkGUI would be an appropriate approach.

The goal is to use the segmented data in the VTK to render for example
the ribs of the Visible Woman. The SegmentationEditor provides a nice UI
to choose the appropriate elements in the segmented image and to
manipulate them.

My concern lies on the memory consumption of the processing. Is it
realistic to use this approach with a consumer computer? Maybe another
algorithm would fit better to my needs.

Thank you
Stefan