[Insight-users] Reading several slices into a volume - MetaImageIO

Mon, 10 Nov 2003 22:22:08 -0500

Hi Lucas,

Please try the following experiment.
Attempt to read a single one of your files
as a 2D slice.

For doing this, simply create a new MetaImage
header with something like

ObjectType = Image
NDims = 2
DimSize = 256 256
ElementSpacing = 1 1
Position = 0 0
ElementByteOrderMSB = True
ElementType = MET_USHORT
HeaderSize = -1
ElementDataFile = I.001

Your image type will now be

typedef itk::Image<unsigned short, 2> ImageType;

then, just after calling Update() in the reader,
print out the information about the image by
doing something like:

    reader->Update();
    reader->GetOutput()->Print( std::cout );

If this works for the first slice, then
try replacing the file name in the metaImage
Header with "I.002", then "I.003".

The idea is to verify that your slices are ok
and can be read independently as 2D data.

Please let us know what you find.