[Insight-users] Level Set Bahaves Differently for 2D/3D?

Sah Rayman sahrayman at yahoo . com
Tue, 11 Nov 2003 23:05:44 -0800 (PST)

I applied the example code,
ThresholdSegmentationLevelSetImageFilter.cxx to my 3D
image data and got some wierd results.

As a "debug", I created a 2D mhd file as input.
Re-complied
ThresholdSegmentationLevelSetImageFilter.cxx for a 2D
and a 3D version. Then run them on the same 2D data.

The 2D output looks very nice; but seems the 3D level
set stopps even when the speedMap is obviously bigger
than 0. It just stoppes after a few iterations after
start, leaving an output quite close to input.

Advection, curvature and Laplacian weights are all set
to 0, and therefore there is only propagation terms.

Also, I use SetMaximumPropagationTimeStep() to set a
same time step for 2D/3D cz their defaults are
different.

It there any reason the 2D/3D still behaves different?