[Insight-users] Level Set Bahaves Differently for 2D/3D?

Sah Rayman sahrayman at yahoo . com
Tue, 11 Nov 2003 23:56:18 -0800 (PST)

I did a little more explore.

1. SetMaximumIterations(1) and examine the level set
output (before binary thresholding).

In a narrow band (2~3 pixels wide) of 0 level set, 2D
and 3D version gives exactly the same level set
output.

2. SetMaximumRMSError(-1) so that it never functions.
For 3D version, compare the level set output (let's
call it ls_out) of Iteration=1 and Iteration=100.
For outside area: ls_out=4, inside:ls_out=-4, narrow
band: -4<ls_out<4

And I discovered that,
(ls_out_iter_is_1 < 4) = (ls_out_iter_is_100 < 4)

meaning that the narrow band is NOT updated for the 3D
version.

Does it mean  I have to manually update the narrow
band, how? Why in 2D case, it is obviously update
automatically?

Thanks.
Sah