[Insight-users] Question in spacial object-spacial object registration?

Julien Jomier jjomier at cs . unc . edu
Sun, 16 Nov 2003 16:44:24 -0500

Hi Zhang,

I guess you are talking about ModelToImageRegistration1.cxx in the Examples
directory. This example is a model to image registration example where
ellipses are registered with an image.

If you want to perform a SpatialObject to SpatialObject registration you can
use the SpatialObjectToPointSetFilter and then do a PointSet to PointSet
registration. For the moment the only registration available for this is
using the IterativeClosestPoint metric. You can take a look at the
itkPointSetToPointSetRegistrationTest in Testing/Code/Algorithms directory.
(note that these classes have been added recently in the cvs repository, not
in ITK 1.4)

Hope this helps,

Julien

----- Original Message -----
From: "Zhang Hui" <zh at seu . edu . cn>
To: <insight-users at itk . org>
Sent: Saturday, November 15, 2003 4:38 AM
Subject: [Insight-users] Question in spacial object-spacial object
registration?

Hi,

I have read the user guide of ITK. In its registration part, it describes
image-image registration and also spacial object-image registration. Also
there is a demo of spacial object-spacial object registration, but at first
it try to map one spacial object to image, then use spacial object-image
registration route instead. So how to directly deal with the spacial
object-spacial object registration? I cannot find these related itk classes.
:(
ThanksŁĄ

Zhang Hui (James)