[Insight-users] ITK build problem

Zhuang Song songz at seas . upenn . edu
Mon, 17 Nov 2003 13:42:57 -0500

Hi,

I've tried several times to download ITK 1.4 tar file or use CVS, and
then built it. It can't complete the make process for ITK itself. The
error message is shown below.

make[7]: *** [Templates/vnl_vector+long_double-.o] Error 1
make[6]: *** [default_target] Error 2
make[5]: *** [default_target_vnl] Error 2
make[4]: *** [default_target] Error 2
make[3]: *** [default_target_vxl] Error 2
make[2]: *** [default_target] Error 2
make[1]: *** [default_target_Utilities] Error 2
make: *** [default_target] Error 2

If I use use it to build my own program, a warning message will come out
after ccmake:

Warning: CMake is forcing CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER to "/usr/bin/gcc" to match
that imported from ITK. This is required because C++ projects must use
the same compiler.  If this message appears for more
 than one imported project, you have conflicting C++ compilers and will
have to re-build one of those
 projects.

If I continue the make process, the compiler won't recognize C++ syntax,
like vector, const etc.

how to solve these problems? Thanks,

Zhuang