[Insight-users] Re: few questions with itk and vtk

Thu, 20 Nov 2003 16:04:57 -0500

Hi Sharad,

1) You can choose any configuration (release,debug,RelWithDebugInfo),
    but you *must* use the same for *all* the libraries.

2) Don't use the precompiled binaries of VTK 4.2.
    You must build ITK yourself and enable ANSI STDLIB compatibility.

    You will find instructions about this in the tutorial documents
    http://www . itk . org/HTML/Tutorials . htm

    In particular: "Getting Started with ITK and VTK"
    http://www . itk . org/CourseWare/Training/GettingStarted-II . pdf

3) FLTK and Tcl are GUI options. You could also go with Qt, MFC
    wxWindows or Java for making your GUI. Having a GUI support
    is nice if you are planning to use your program more than once :-)

    We have found FLTK to be a nice compromise, but this opinion
    is not necessarily shared among all developers.

4) About the error in your build:
    Did you moved the source files of ITK after you build the binaries ?

    It seems that a header is not being found, and the typical reason
    is when people move the source tree after having built the toolkit.

    If you continue experiencing any problems, please post your
    CMakeCache.txt file to the ITK users list.