[Insight-users] More on: Can metrics handle nodata/void data values ?

Carolyn Johnston Carolyn . Johnston at vexcel . com
Fri, 03 Oct 2003 12:43:19 -0700

Hi Luis,

I'm looking at doing the modification in the short term.

> Option (C) could be implemented using SpatialObjects.
> The big difference here is that the registration will
> be then performed between two SpatialObjects that
> each one encapsulate an image (fixed and moving images
> respectively).

I am not completely  clear on what you mean by this... Is it necessary
to modify the registration code so that SpatialObjects are used
throughout, instead of images?

I was trying to design my changes so that I affect ITK code to the least
extent possible, and do most of it through extending classes. If you
want this functionality in ITK, however, maybe I shouldn't worry about
that.

> I still would be inclined to do the modifications on
> the metrics themselves, rather than the iterators.
> Making the change in the iterator simply hides the
> "if" deeper into the code.

OK, I agree with this. I also wanted to avoid duplicating code in the
subclasses of ImageToImageMetric. I don't see any way around that though.

--
Carolyn P. Johnston, Ph.D.
Sr. Research Engineer