[Insight-users] MI registration

Dill, John john-dill at uiowa . edu
Fri, 17 Oct 2003 16:55:13 -0500

I have a couple of questions on the mutual information algorithm.  I have
been trying to get some images registered and all attempts so far have been
unsuccessful.

I noticed in the mi registration example given with itk is that the brain
images are segmented on a black background.  How much of a problem is it
when I have two images that do not have black backgrounds, but having
borders which contain different information.  In other words, there is a
problem of mis-information along the borders where each image contains data
not in the other.  Can FixedImageRegion circumvent this problem?  What is
FixedImageRegion's role in the MI registration algorithm?  I have tried to
specify a few different regions, but I get varied registration results.

Thanks for any help.
John