[Insight-users] itkResampleImageFilter Up sample take too long?

Feng Ma mafeng at hotmail . com
Fri, 24 Oct 2003 13:50:07 -0400

I got it. Thanks a lot for pointing out.

For some simply operation, e.g., resample a volume by only changing voxel
size, we can use some simply operation to make it faster.

Thanks again.

-Feng

>From: "Lydia Ng" <lng at insightful . com>
>To: "Feng Ma" <mafeng at hotmail . com>,<insight-users at itk . org>
>Subject: RE: [Insight-users] itkResampleImageFilter Up sample take too
>long?
>Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 10:25:20 -0700
>
>Hi Feng,
>
>The amount of work done by the ResampleImageFilter is proportional to
>the output size. From your numbers,
>
>"upsample work"/ "downsample work"
>= 512x512x251 / 64x64x50
>= 321 (approx)
>
>"upsample time" / "downsample time"
>= 107.77 / 0.33
>= 326 (approx)
>
>So, the time taken to upsample is about what is expected since the
>algorithm is linear with respect to output size.
>
>- Lydia

Cheer a special someone with a fun Halloween eCard from American Greetings!
Go to  http://www . msn . americangreetings . com/index_msn . pd?source=msne134