[Insight-users] itkResampleImageFilter Up sample take too long?

Lydia Ng lng at insightful . com
Fri, 24 Oct 2003 10:25:20 -0700

Hi Feng,

The amount of work done by the ResampleImageFilter is proportional to
the output size. From your numbers,
=20
"upsample work"/ "downsample work"=20
=3D 512x512x251 / 64x64x50
=3D 321 (approx)

"upsample time" / "downsample time"
=3D 107.77 / 0.33
=3D 326 (approx)

So, the time taken to upsample is about what is expected since the
algorithm is linear with respect to output size.

- Lydia