[Insight-users] Problem in creating a 3D Mesh

Giancarlo Amati giancarlo . amati at mail . ing . unibo . it
Mon, 27 Oct 2003 12:50:00 +0100

Good morning,
I have a problem, I have a set of 144 images in RAW format which define
my medical slices. I would like to create a 3D model starting from that
images. Can anybody help me with a simple example?

I do it with VTK, but I would like understand how ITK works with images
in building the 3D mesh.
Have I to use ITK only for segmentation process and the use VTK for
visualization? Does ITK give me a visualizzation support?

Thank you.
Best Regards.
Giancarlo Amati

dott. Giancarlo Amati
Ph.D. Student
University of Bologna - ITALY
DIEM - Mechanical Department
job e-mail: giancarlo . amati at mail . ing . unibo . it
personal email: gamati at libero . it
web: http://diem101 . ing . unibo . it/personale/amati/