[Insight-users] GLX Support

Sat, 06 Sep 2003 15:19:01 -0400

Hi Alejandro,

This is a display issue totally unrelated to ITK.

GLX support should be offered by the X-Server
in your local machine.

Under linux this has been included in XFree86
since version 4.0.
http://www . xfree86 . org/4 . 0 . 1/RELNOTES3 . html#16

Take a look at the following links

http://www . xfree86 . org/
http://www . xfree86 . org/4 . 3 . 0/Status23 . html#23
http://xfree86 . linuxwiki . org/GLX

You may have an old Linux installation, or an old
XFree86 or an incorrect configuration of it.

Also, if you have a GeForce4 card, you may want to
make sure that you install the closed-source NVidia
drivers.
http://www . nvidia . com/page/products . html
The ones for GeForce4 Ti are here:
http://www . nvidia . com/page/geforce4ti . html

Otherwise you will be doing rendering with the
OpenGL support built-in software on the X-server
and be wasting all the money you spent in that
graphics card.

Looks like you will have a fun weekend ahead
playing with your Linux configuration.