[Insight-users] viewing 3D DICOM Image

Thu, 25 Sep 2003 02:06:37 -0400

Hi Soumen,

It looks like the file "files.mhd" is not in the
directory from where you are running your executable.

Have you tried passing the absolute path to this file
in the method  SetFileName()  ?

Something like

    reader->SetFileName("d:\\fusion\\vithal-ct\\files.mhd")

Also, note that you MUST put the metaimage header
file in the same directory where the DICOM files
are, therefore you SHOULDN'T put paths in the files
names of the dicom files inside the metaimage header.

That means that the last part o the metaimage header
should be something like

 > NDims = 3
 > DimSize = 512 512 100
 > ElementType = MET_USHORT
 > HeaderSize = -1
 > ElementSize = 1 1 3
 > ElementSpacing = 1 1 1
 > ElementByteOrderMSB = False
 > ElementDataFile = LIST
 > 1187920
 > 1187938

Note that the path to the dicom file has been
removed.   The MetaImageIO assumes (and relies on)
the MetaImage header to be located in the same
directory as the dicom files.