[Insight-users] (no subject): Image Quality : Deblurring ?

Thu, 25 Sep 2003 13:53:06 -0400

Hi Rashmi,

Thanks for your additional details.

I would suggest you to try any/all of the
anisotropic diffusion filters:

- CurvatureFlowImageFilter
- GradientAnisotropicDiffusionImageFilter
- CurvatureAnistropicDiffusion
- BilateralImageFilter

They may help redude the fuzziness of your image.

You will find them described in the SoftwareGuide
http://www . itk . org/ItkSoftwareGuide . pdf
Section: 6.5.2, pdf-page 173.

Note that if the actual width of the bars if of
significance for your processing you will have
to do some validation in order to figure out if
the processing will report bars that are wider
or narrower than the original ones.

---

Now that, if the blurring is due to fast linear
motion during the acquisition of the image, you may
want to consider using deconvolution methods, a search
on IEEE-PAMI will give you some useful references.

There is also a signficant amount of work on deblurring
images for microscopy using deconvolution methods.  They
may be applicable to your problem too.