[Insight-users] A few questions

Feng Ma mafeng at hotmail . com
Fri, 26 Sep 2003 18:18:40 -0400

Hi, Luis:

  Thanks a lot for explaining this. Abou the first question, I still have
questions. I need to make sure I visit all the voxels in an image. For
example, I am working on a 512x512x500 CT scan. I have several filters
working on it. Maybe I need to keep 5 different copies of this image
(smoothed, gradient, etc). I may run into swap. In this case, will
GetBufferedRegion() give me the whole image?

Thanks.

-Feng

>From: Luis Ibanez <luis . ibanez at kitware . com>
>To: Feng Ma <mafeng at hotmail . com>
>CC: insight-users at itk . org
>Subject: Re: [Insight-users] A few questions
>Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 15:10:08 -0400
>

>Hi Feng,
>
>1) If you are writing your own filter you should
>    process the Requested region. If your are processing
>    your image using iterators, BufferedRegion.
>
>    Please don't use LargestPossible region, because you
>    cannot be certain that the full image is loaded in
>    memory.  BufferedRegion() is the safest option.
>
>    That will not guarrante to visit all the pixels in
>    the image, but at lest all the ones that are actually
>    loaded in memory.

Frustrated with dial-up? Get high-speed for as low as $29.95/month
(depending on the local service providers in your area).
https://broadband . msn . com