[Insight-users] A few questions

Fri, 26 Sep 2003 19:05:10 -0400

Hi Feng,

If you need to make sure that the output of one filter
contains the result of processing the entire image, you
should invoke

     filter->UpdateLargestPossibleRegion();

instead of

     filter->Update();

You will certainly run into memory issues with the size
of this data set. Something that can help you is to call

       filterXX->ReleaseDataFlagOn()

on the filters that are used for intermediate processing
and can release their data once it is passed to the
next filter.

You may want to look at the code of the VolView plugins
in InsightApplications/VolviewPlugins where this is
often used.

By updating your filter with UpdateLargestPossibleRegion(),
you can now safely use GetLargestPossibleRegion() as the
region provided to the Iterator constructor. Actually what will
happen is that the BufferedRegion and the LargestPossibleRegion
will be the same.