[Insight-users] Runtime memory error in Fast marching Segmentation

Fri, 26 Sep 2003 18:55:34 -0400

Hi Shaohua,

A 3D image with only 3 slices will not do the trick.
Such an image is cheerfully called "Degenerate"      :-)

One of the operations in this applications involve the
computaton of the gradient magnitude using recursive
gaussian filters.  These filters require at least
5 slices a long each dimension for performing the computations
of the IIR filter.

Please use one of the real 3D images available in the
FTP site.  Any of the BrainWeb images will be a good
choice.

   ftp://public . kitware . com/pub/itk/Data/BrainWeb

Those have sizes of 181 x 217 x 181  pixels.