[Insight-users] Re: ITK Wrapping to Python : instantiating an Index and setting its value

Mon, 29 Sep 2003 15:48:24 -0400

Hi Mauricio,

You can instantiate Index<> variables in Python
by using the following expression

         myIndex = itkIndex3()

where "3" stands for the dimension.
This is equivalent to the C++ expresion

         itk::Index<3>  myIndex;

Then, for getting access to the elements of the
index you can use the methods

        GetElement()
        SetElement()

as

    myIndex.SetElement( 0, 130 )
    myIndex.SetElement( 1, 215 )
    myIndex.SetElement( 2, 167 )

for defining the index {130,215,167}.

The index elements can be read with

    myIndex.GetElement( 0 )
    myIndex.GetElement( 1 )
    myIndex.GetElement( 2 )

For the Connfidence connected filter you
can then do

    myFilter = itkConfidenceConnectedImageFilterUS3US3_New()
    myFilter.AddSeed( myIndex )