[Insight-users] On the convergence speed of level set methods

Kai Li likai at cs.uoregon.edu
Wed, 7 Apr 2004 14:11:32 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,
  I just looked at the slides that you pointed to. Both of the multiscale
segmentation methods and the parallel approach are interesting and I
believe they are effective. I have several further questions about these
two approaches. For example, how much speedup the multiscale method can
achieve and does it cause any adverse influence to the segmentation
result for applications like human brain segmentation. About the parallel
approach, the speedup shown in the slides looks very good. It's
interesting to know if the parallel algorithm depends on shared memory
system, etc. So, I'd like to know more details on these approaches. It
would great if you can point me some materials such as papers on them.

Thanks again,

Kai