[Insight-users] Changing the speed function

Jayant Chauhan gripened at hotmail.com
Mon, 12 Apr 2004 00:41:33 +0530

<DIV class=RTE>2 more questions/doubts, since I am new to ITK,</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>1)&nbsp;&nbsp;Is there anyway I can decide the speed function I have to use in LEVEL SET METHODs for segmentation, as in, change the propagation, advection and curvature terms ?</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>2) What is the initial&nbsp;level set&nbsp;to be given as (it has to be an itk::Image)? As in,&nbsp;just the boundaries to be high and everything else as low (0) ??! Or inside and outside (inside being high and outside being low)??!!</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>&nbsp; LOW&nbsp;== 0</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>&nbsp; HIGH ==&nbsp;255&nbsp;?? So should I just choose the boundary of the image as the initial level set ? Because then I can do that manually pretty easily. Remember, I am using this on the difference image of 2 consecutive frames, so I all ready almost the whole of the union of the moving area/object. Will that work ?</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>&nbsp;</DIV>