[Insight-users] Changing the speed function

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sun, 11 Apr 2004 16:20:19 -0400

Hi Jayant,

You will find useful to read the Chapter
on LevelSets of the SoftwareGuide.

That will solve both of your questions.

You will find the document at:

  http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf

Please read Chapter 9, from pdf-page 363
to 369.

You will find that the speed function can
be changed by providing an input "Feature
Image" and by setting the values of

   - PropagationScaling
   - CurvatureScaling
   - AdvectionScaling

Please, look at the GeodesicActiveContour
in Section 9.3.3, pdf-page 380.

The initial level set must be represented as
an itk::Image<>, as you will find described
in the examples of Chapter 9.

The direction of expansion used for the
speed image can be selected using the method

       ReverseExpansionDirection()

of the SegmentationLevelSetFunction class
http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1SegmentationLevelSetFunction.html
from which  almost all the LevelSet functions
in ITK derive.