[Insight-users] gui builder

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Wed, 14 Apr 2004 12:45:57 -0400

Hi Wavelethe,

Just to clarify:

VolView is a visualization application focused on
high performance volume rendering. It is not intended
to be used as a GUI editor or as a visual programming
tool.

VolView have been enhanced in order to support ITK
plugins. These plugins are Open Source and are
available at

      InsightApplications/VolviewPlugins

You can write new ITK plugins and build them, then
VolView will load their corresponding shared libraries
at run time.

You can download a free binary version of VolView
from:

   http://www.kitware.com/products/volview.html

What Silviu seems to be looking for is more a sort
of Visual Programming environment, such as AVS or
Khoros, in that sense, SCIRun is probable a closer
option.