[Insight-users] morphological openings by a segment

Yann GAVET yann.gavet at univ-st-etienne.fr
Wed, 21 Apr 2004 15:00:41 +0200

--------------090906080708040103070900

Thank you Luis.

Im sorry to ask again, I cannot find how to generate a structuring element.
I guess I should use a Neighborhood and set the pixels in my element to
1, but I cant find any example and help on that.

Yann.

Luis Ibanez wrote:

> Hi Yann,
>
> It seems that you suggest to use several different
> structuring elements, each one associated with a
> particular direction.
>
> If this is the case, computing each openning and the
> making the union of them seems to be a reasonable
> way to go.  It won't necessarily be the fastest
> implementation, but at least will allow you to get
> a prof of concept.
>

>    Regards,
>

>        Luis
>

> -------------------
> Yann GAVET wrote:
>
>>    Hi all,
>>
>> I want to do perform the union of the openings by a segment of a
>> given size in several directions (say 48 for example), and I wonder
>> how to do it.
>>
>> I m thinking of creating all the segments, then computing the
>> openings, and doing the binary union of the results.
>>
>> Do you think this is the best way to do it?
>>
>> regards.
>> yann

--------------090906080708040103070900

begin:vcard
fn:Yann Gavet
n:Gavet;Yann
org;quoted-printable:CHU Saint-Etienne;EA 3063 - Survie et adh=C3=A9rence cellulaire dans les cancers et les gre=
	ffes
adr;quoted-printable:;;15 rue A. Par=C3=A9;;;42000;France
email;internet:yann.gavet at univ-st-etienne.fr
title;quoted-printable:Ing=C3=A9nieur Civil des Mines
version:2.1
end:vcard

--------------090906080708040103070900--