[Insight-users] morphological openings by a segment

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Tue, 20 Apr 2004 15:26:21 -0400

Hi Yann,

It seems that you suggest to use several different
structuring elements, each one associated with a
particular direction.

If this is the case, computing each openning and the
making the union of them seems to be a reasonable
way to go.  It won't necessarily be the fastest
implementation, but at least will allow you to get
a prof of concept.