[Insight-users] looking for the one, the right cell!

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon, 26 Apr 2004 12:37:05 -0400

Hi Ingmar,

Unfortunately, as you pointed out, there
is no expedite way at this point for checking
whether a physical point is inside an itk::Cell
or not.

Since this method must be implemented for every
particular ITK cell type. It may not be there in
the short term...

A possible option for you is to convert the Mesh
to a vtkPolyData and use the EvaluatePosition()
method from vtkCell.  If the point is being selected
from a GUI (+visualization), this approach may actually
make sense.