[Insight-users] No GUI with insight and cygwin

yyyyy50 at hotpop.com yyyyy50 at hotpop.com
Fri, 23 Apr 2004 23:08:08 +0300

Greetings,

I am running cygwin on Windows XP SP1 as a very restricted user.
Basically I have configured this as tight as I could possibly think of
and I am probably running into problems because of this.

I downloaded insight-6.1, built and installed it into /usr/local, no
changes to configure or anything, just:
$ cd insight-6.1 ; ./configure && make
... as root (Administrator under cygwin):
# cd ~user/insight-6.1 ; make install

When I run gdb, and it is the right one, since "which" tells me so, I get
the command line gdb but no window interface, even if I run gdb -windows.

I have a gdbtk.ini file in the user's home directory.

Using filemon, gdb seems to want to open .gdbinit but if I copy gdbtk.ini
to .gdbinit, I get an error at line 2 in the file and still only the
command line interface.

Any help would be appreciated.