[Insight-users] Several questions when compile and run ITK/VTK/TCL

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon, 26 Apr 2004 12:52:51 -0400

Hi Casper,

1) VTK_USE_ANSI_STDLIB

    Is only required with Visual Studio 6.0.
    Since you are configuring for .NET, CMake is smart
    enough for not showing you this options, given that
    it is not applicable to your case.

2) When you built ITK, did you enabled TCL wrapping ?
    Did you verified that your built produced the
    libraries:

      ITKCommonTcl.dll
      ITKNumericsTcl.dll
      SwigRuntimeTcl.dll

    They should be in the /bin/Debug sub-directory of
    the binary directory where you built ITK.

3)  Yes, the CannyEdgeDetection VTKITK example was
     added after the release of ITK 1.6
     You will find many other differences in wrapping
     related issues between ITK 1.6 and the CVS trunk.
     You probably want to work with the CVS version.
     FYI: We are scheduling ITK 1.8 by August this year.

4)  Nope, there are no more VTK + ITK examples.
     If Tcl users out there want to contribute
     small examples on the things they have done,
     we will be happy to add them to the
     Examples/Visualization directory.