[Insight-users] Problem compiling ITK-1.6 ( itkvcl project) with .NET-Version 7.1

jasmuth at seas.upenn.edu jasmuth at seas.upenn.edu
Wed, 28 Apr 2004 13:42:17 -0400

Hi Aaron,

It's interesting to know that you finally resolved your problem by avoiding
VS.NET 2003.   I had seen your previous postings...

I am continuing to research this and found that the error messages written to
the CMakeOutput.log and CMakeError.log files go away when I manually set the
value of CMAKE_MAKE_PROGRAM via the CMake GUI.

The error message are gone,  but the same compile problem with itkvcl remains.

Unfortunately,  all of the CMakeTMP files are deleted by CMake,  so I can't
look there,  but here is one curious bit:

My System Environment has a variable "CMAKE_MAKE_PROGRAM"  with value set
to "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Common7
\IDE\devenv.exe" - which is the same as I told to CMake.

The BuildLog.htm output generated by VS when it compiled itkvcl reports that
that the environment variable "CMAKE_MAKE_PROGRAM" has value "C:\Program
Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\Common7\IDE\devenv.exe"  -  this is missing
the "2003" for my installed version of VS.   There is no devenv.exe at this
location.  It was uninstalled months ago.

I don't know where/how these bogus locations are being set.   But I also
suspect CMake is getting the wrong values from somewhere.  I'm at a loss to
figure out how to track this down.

Thanks for your help,

Jane