[Insight-users] Problem compiling ITK-1.6 ( itkvcl project) with .NET-Version 7.1

William A. Hoffman billlist at nycap.rr.com
Wed, 28 Apr 2004 14:40:46 -0400

The problem is that cmake caches the location of devenv.exe.  If that moves,
then you have to delete or fix the entry in CMakeCache.txt for the project.
If you were building from a fresh project, it may be that the upgrade of visual
studio leaves a bad registry entry on the machine, and cmake finds the wrong location.

CMake looks here:
FIND_PROGRAM(CMAKE_MAKE_PROGRAM
  NAMES devenv
  PATHS
  [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\VisualStudio\\7.1\\Setup\\VS;EnvironmentDirectory]
  "c:/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio .NET/Common7/IDE"
  "c:/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio.NET/Common7/IDE"
  "/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio .NET/Common7/IDE/"
  )

But, it should fail if the registry entry did not point to a location of a devenv.exe.
With cvs cmake you can add a command line option --debug-trycompile and cmake will
not delete the CMakeTmp directory.

-Bill