[Insight-users] Problem compiling ITK-1.6 ( itkvcl project) with .NET-Version 7.1

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Thu, 29 Apr 2004 09:17:45 -0400

jasmuth at seas.upenn.edu wrote:
> Hi Aaron,
>
> It's interesting to know that you finally resolved your problem by avoiding
> VS.NET 2003.   I had seen your previous postings...
>
> I am continuing to research this and found that the error messages written to
> the CMakeOutput.log and CMakeError.log files go away when I manually set the
> value of CMAKE_MAKE_PROGRAM via the CMake GUI.
>
> The error message are gone,  but the same compile problem with itkvcl remains.
>
> Unfortunately,  all of the CMakeTMP files are deleted by CMake,  so I can't
> look there,  but here is one curious bit:
>
> My System Environment has a variable "CMAKE_MAKE_PROGRAM"  with value set
> to "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Common7
> \IDE\devenv.exe" - which is the same as I told to CMake.
>
> The BuildLog.htm output generated by VS when it compiled itkvcl reports that
> that the environment variable "CMAKE_MAKE_PROGRAM" has value "C:\Program
> Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\Common7\IDE\devenv.exe"  -  this is missing
> the "2003" for my installed version of VS.   There is no devenv.exe at this
> location.  It was uninstalled months ago.
>
> I don't know where/how these bogus locations are being set.   But I also
> suspect CMake is getting the wrong values from somewhere.  I'm at a loss to
> figure out how to track this down.

Please remove the CMAKE_MAKE_PROGRAM environment variable from the
machine.  I doubt it is causing this problem, but it should not be there
anyway.

Is the following registry key present on the machine?

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\VisualStudio\7.0

Is there an "InstallDir" entry under it?  What is its value?

-Brad