[Insight-users] Problem compiling ITK-1.6 ( itkvcl project) with .NET-Version 7.1

jasmuth at seas.upenn.edu jasmuth at seas.upenn.edu
Thu, 29 Apr 2004 14:39:39 -0400

Hi Brad,

I removed the CMAKE_MAKE_PROGRAM environment variable - no effect.

I renamed the registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\VisualStudio\7.0
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\VisualStudio\HIDE7.0
thinking that it would make it "invisible" to applications,  but allow me to
put it back if anything bad happened.  There was no "InstallDir" entry under
it.  This change also had no effect.

I ran across an article that mentioned a possible conflict from an old
VCComponents.dat file in the user Application Data directory.  I moved this
directory out of the way for the old 7.0 version.  This had no effect.

Here is the reference to the VCComponents.dat file:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-
us/vsintro7/html/vxurfVCDirectoriesProjectsOptionsDialogBox.asp

There are other places with Visual Studio configuration information on the
system (e.g., C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework).   So many that it seems
like the wrong approach to try to fix things by moving/deleting  items left
over from the previous 7.0 install.

I checked into Luis' diagnosis (included below),  and indeed,  both files ARE
being included.  I will try to track down exactly where this is happening and
why and will report later on that.

I am coming to the conclusion that the "bug" is in vcl somewhere.  It should
be possible to upgrade to the newer version of Visual Studio without vcl
breaking.

Thanks for the help,

Jane