[Insight-users] 2D and 3D image processing

Miller, James V (Research) millerjv at crd.ge.com
Thu, 29 Apr 2004 09:25:56 -0400

Most of ITK algorithms are written to process N-dimensional
data.  So a single implementation of an algorithm should
handle 2D and 3D data.

However, separate instantiations of these filters are needed
to process 2D and 3D data.  So to run an algorithm on a 2D
image, you need to instantiate the filter for processing a
2D image.  To run an algorithm on a 3D image, you need to
instantiate the filter for processing a 3D image.

Jim