[Insight-users] Incompatible PNG libs

Michael Eichler michael.eichler at student.uni-tuebingen.de
Fri, 30 Apr 2004 12:24:55 -0000

Hi!

I try to evaluate and visualize ITK registration methods within a QT
framework. For that I created a static library with the QT gui stuff and
linked it with CMAKE to my ITK classes.

The CMakeLists.txt instruction looks like this:

..
LINK_LIBRARIES (
ITKIO
ITKCommon
ITKNumerics
$(QT_QT_LIBRARY)
MyLib
)

It all compiles and links well, but when I try to open a .png file through my
gui, I get the following error:

libpng warning: Application was compiled with ping.h from libpng-1.2.5
libpng warning: Application is running with ping.c from libpng-1.0.12
libpng error: Incompatible libpng versions in application and library

I forebode that there's a conflict between QT's and ITK's PNG library (the qt
and itk applications itself work fine), but I have no idea how to solve this
conflict!?

I'm using ITK 1.6.0, QT 3.2.1 and CCMAKE 1.8.3 on Suse 9.0.

Thank you,
Michael