[Insight-users] Incompatible PNG libs

Miller, James V (Research) millerjv at crd.ge.com
Fri, 30 Apr 2004 08:27:49 -0400

As you realized, ITK 1.6 and QT 3.2.1 use different versions of the png
library.

In the CVS version of ITK, we have mangled the names within the png library
so that it will not conflict when integrated in other systems that use a
different version of the png library. So you can pull ITK from the cvs
repository.

You could build ITK using the "system" (or QT's) version of the png library.

There is an advanced CMake option ITK_USE_SYSTEM_PNG that allows you to
build
ITK using a different version of the png library.  I have never tried this.

Jim