[Insight-users] Image5.cxx sample throws exception

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon Aug 16 16:03:03 EDT 2004

Hi Ulrike,

The JPEG writer does not support 3D images.

You can however use the ImageSeriesWriter in order
to save a 3D volume as a set of JPEG files, each
one containing a single 2D slice of your volume.

For an example on how to use the ImageSeriesWriter
please look at

      Insight/Examples/IO
         ImageReadImageSeriesWrite.cxx

If you just want to use the Image5.cxx example,
you may want to use any of the fileformats that
support 3D datasets in a single file, such as:

    - MetaImage
    - Analyze
    - Gipl
    - VTK