[Insight-users] Getting started with ITK

Simon Harris s.j.harris at imperial.ac.uk
Thu Aug 19 08:33:01 EDT 2004

I'm new to ITK & am trying to use it with VC++.NET 2003
So far I've downloaded the 1.8.0 release and unzipped it
and run CMake.

I tried to CMake the helloworld example & compile it
in VC++, but when it links it just reports

HelloWorld fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'ITKCommon.lib'

Having followed the steps in the guide I was hoping it would
compile & link without any trouble!

Is it possible to download the libraries precompiled...
or can someone help me out creating the required libraries...

I should say, having used GCC & Codewarrior exclusively for the
last few years, i'm pretty new to VC++ too :(

Many thanks,
Simon.