[Insight-users] Getting started with ITK

Julien Jomier jjomier at cs.unc.edu
Thu Aug 19 11:32:32 EDT 2004

Hi Simon,

Did you open the ITK.sln file in your Insight binary directory and compile
the ITK libraries?

> Having followed the steps in the guide I was hoping it would
> compile & link without any trouble!

It seems that you skip a small (but important) portion of the software guide
(p42, just before 2.2 Getting Started with ITK)

"[...]After the generation process CMake will quit silently. To initiate the
build process on UNIX, simply type
make in the binary directory. Under Windows, load the workspace named
ITK.dsw (if using MSDEV) or ITK.sln (if using the .NET compiler) from the
binary directory you specified in the CMake GUI.
The build process will typically take anywhere from 15 to 30 minutes
depending on the performance of your system. If you decide to enable testing
as part of the normal build process, about 600 small test programs will be
compiled. This will verify that the basic components of ITK have been
correctly built on your system."

Let us know if that was the problem or not,

Julien