[Insight-users] Three registration questions

Gregory Sharp gregsharp.geo at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 19 14:53:58 EDT 2004

Hi, I'm new to itk, and I am trying to do some simple
3D registration with translation only and MSE cost
function.

1)  I started with RegularStepGradientDescentOptimizer,
and I want to monitor with an observer.  The software
guide says:

  "For example, you could imagine a
  non-const interaction in which the observer decides
  to stop the optimizer in response to a divergent behavior.

OK, I'll bite.  How can I stop the registration from
the observer?  I'd want to do this from either the
optimizer observer or the registration observer.

2)  I also tried the Nelder-Mead optimizer, and this one
doesn't seem to give any observer callbacks, and it doesn't
seem to have a GetValue() method.  Is this right?

3)  Can I do constrained optimization?  Any example code?

Thanks,
Greg

=====
Greg Sharp