[Insight-users] gantry tilt compensation

Erő Zsolt erozsolt at enternet.hu
Mon Aug 23 03:17:49 EDT 2004

Hi, Luis

Thank you for the informations, it was really what I needed. Just
have an other question, what is the best time to do the segmentation
in the reconstruction process. Typically for non-tilted slices, I do
the segmentation before any transformation, just on the filtered
source images, but here, you said it is good to resample the result,
but for me any resampling did a terrible work when the aim was to get
a binary mask. What is the case here? Do the segmentation (1.) on the
original sheared volume and do the affine transform (2.) after, and the
resampling (3.) (is it needed for a good binary mask?) after (1-2-3), or maybe
it is better to do the affine transform on a resampled volume (1-3-2)
or just compute the matrix of the cross product of a resampling and
shearing and use this (1-23)? The purpose of the binary mask is to be
converted later to a 3D polygon object in VTK.

Thanks,
Zsolt Ero