[Insight-users] gantry tilt compensation

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon Aug 23 10:15:25 EDT 2004

Hi Zsolt,

It probably makes more sense to first correct the geometric
distortions in your image before undertaking a segmentation
process.  Otherwise you will end up having to apply a geometrical
correction to the segmentation itself.

If you use a BSpline interpolator in the resampling process,
you probably will obtain resampled images with quality suitable
for a segmentation process.

Please read the resampling chapter on the ITK Software Guide

    http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf

For a description of the segmentation methods available in ITK,
please look at the Tutorials

     http://www.itk.org/HTML/Tutorials.htm

in particular to

http://www.itk.org/CourseWare/Training/SegmentationMethodsOverview.pdf

and to the Segmentation chapter on the ITK SoftwareGuide.

For methods for converting ITK images into VTK images
Please look at the tutorial

http://www.itk.org/CourseWare/Training/GettingStarted-II.pdf

Once you have a VTK image, you can apply any variant of the
vtkContour filter.