[Insight-users] "itkVectorFuzzyConnectednessImageFilter.txx".

Gabriele Martino g91182 at libero.it
Wed Aug 25 13:16:28 EDT 2004

Hi,

id like to know how itk implements scale-based fuzzy connectedness.

Im sorry if my questions are so stupid but im new in image processing and
itk.

Ive read this paper, as suggested :

" P. K. Saha, J. K. Udupa, and D. Odhner,

  Scale-based fuzzy connected

 image segmentation:

  theory, algorithms, and validation, Computer Vision

  and Image Understanding 77, 2000, 145-174. "

In this paper is presented a particular form of

both homogeneity-feature-based affinity

and object-feature-based affinity.

As for the object component, a filtered value of

a pixel is computed.Ive seen,if im not wrong,

that this component is computed by the method

"computerfilter()" in "itkVectorFuzzyConnectednessImageFilter.txx".

As for the homogeneity component, a value,for each couple of pixels,

is calculated based on two digital balls centered on c e d,that is

the couple of pixels.

But i dont unterstand where scale-based-homogeneity, as presented

in the paper below,is computed in
"itkVectorFuzzyConnectednessImageFilter.txx".

Finally i dont unterstand how scale is computed.

Does m_CirclePointsLoc[x][y][z] contain all the pixels that belong to the
digital

ball centered in x,y ?

What does anisotroy_row represent?and anisotropy_col?Why MAXSCALE+5?

What is count_obj and count_nonobj?

is mean_neighbor a mean of 4-neigh pixels?

Cuold you give me a brief description of all that?

i hope you'll answer all my questions.

Thanks a lot.