[Insight-users] "itkVectorFuzzyConnectednessImageFilter.txx".

Ying Zhuge zhuge at mipg.upenn.edu
Thu Aug 26 10:07:15 EDT 2004

Hi Gabriele,

That paper is for scalar image case only.
In order to handle vector image, we always do scale-based filtering
first, that is distance weighting average within the scale, and then
estimate the homogeneity-based affinity and object-feature-based
affinity. If we do the way that paper described, it will take much more
computation time.

m_CirclePointsLoc is a lookup table, which keep the offset location for
every point within a certain scale region Bk(c) - Bk-1(c). Please note
there is a print mistake in the equation 4.1 in that paper you
mentioned,where d should belong to Bk(c) - Bk-1(c).

anisotropy_row and anisotropy_col mean pixel width and height.

count_obj and count_nonobj are used for estimating the fraction FOk(c),
which equals to count_obj/(count_obj+count_nonobj).

The value of mean_neighbor depends the dimension of your imput image,
for 2d case, it is the mean value of its 4 neighbors.

Hope these help, and let me know if you have further questions.

Ying