[Insight-users] itkDeformationFieldInverseImageFilter

Corinne Mattmann mattmaco at ee.ethz.ch
Tue, 3 Feb 2004 10:24:07 -0700

Hi,

I just wanted to try the new DeformationFieldInverseImageFilter but it
does not work with the deformable field I input. With the following code
I get an empty output (size = [0, 0, 0]) with no exceptions thrown.

  typedef itk::DeformationFieldInverseImageFilter<DeformationFieldType,
DeformationFieldType> FieldInverseType;
    FieldInverseType::Pointer FieldInverser = FieldInverseType::New();
    FieldInverser->SetInput(ImageReader->GetOutput());
    FieldInverser->SetSubsamplingFactor(10);
    try{
      FieldInverser->Update();
    }
    catch( itk::ExceptionObject &excep ){
      std::cerr << "Exception catched!" << std::endl;
      std::cerr << excep << std::endl;
    }

If I set the subsampling factor to 1, the program crashes at line 215 in
itkDeformationFieldInverseImageFilter.txx
(m_KernelTransform->ComputeWMatrix();), at line 416 in vnl_matrix.txx
(this->data[i][j] = value;) because "data" does not exist (expression
cannot be evaluated).

Any ideas what went wrong?
Thanks,
Corinne

ps: I could post the deformable field I use, if this helps.