[Insight-users] Java Wraping

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Wed, 25 Feb 2004 14:35:32 -0500

Hi Alejandro,

It is nice to see that you are
using ITK so fast after the course   :-)

The support for Java wrapping has been
commited to the repository and you can
use it now. Bill Hoffman and Brad King
did this in record time.

Make sure that you do:

1) Get a fresh checkout of ITK from CVS.

2) Get a fresh checkout of CSwig

3) When you configure ITK with CMake,
    enable the variable:

           ITK_CSWIG_JAVA

You will find a .java example under

   Insight/Wrapping/CSwig/Tests/Java
             cannyEdgeDetectionImageFilter.java

Its code looks like

import InsightToolkit.*;

// This example illustrates how C++ classes
// can be used from Java using SWIG.
// The Java class gets mapped onto the C++
// class and behaves as if it is a Java class.

public class cannyEdgeDetectionImageFilter {
   public static void main(String argv[])
   {
     itkImageFileReaderF2_Pointer reader =
            itkImageFileReaderF2.itkImageFileReaderF2_New();

     itkCannyEdgeDetectionImageFilterF2F2_Pointer canny =
itkCannyEdgeDetectionImageFilterF2F2.itkCannyEdgeDetectionImageFilterF2F2_New();

     itkRescaleIntensityImageFilterF2US2_Pointer rescaler  =
itkRescaleIntensityImageFilterF2US2.itkRescaleIntensityImageFilterF2US2_New();

     itkImageFileWriterUS2_Pointer writer =
        itkImageFileWriterUS2.itkImageFileWriterUS2_New();

     canny.SetInput(reader.GetOutput());
     rescaler.SetInput(canny.GetOutput());
     writer.SetInput(rescaler.GetOutput());
     rescaler.SetOutputMinimum(0);
     rescaler.SetOutputMaximum(65535);
     reader.SetFileName("../../../../Testing/Data/Input/cthead1.png");
     writer.SetFileName("./testout.png");
     writer.Update();
   }
}