[Insight-users] RE: what kind of image type can be read into ITK?

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Fri, 02 Jan 2004 13:00:26 -0500

Hi Steven,

1) The types of image fileformats supported in ITK
    is listed in the FAQ:

http://www.itk.org/cgi-bin/InsightFAQ/InsightFAQ?req=show&file=faq01.007.htp

    Support has been added recently for TIFF and JPEG.

2) Yes,
    Image2.cxx is probably the simplest example on
    how to read an image.  Note that you should add
    a try/catch block around the Update() call in
    order to manage potential errors during the read
    process.

    You will find multiple examples on Reading/Writing
    images under the directory:

                 Insight/Examples/IO

    These examples are described in the SoftwareGuide

       http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf

    Chapter 7, pdf-page 219.