AW: AW: [Insight-users] How to watch IterationEvent()

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Wed, 07 Jan 2004 12:15:58 -0500

Hi Chuyan,

It seems that in (1) you proved that there is
no ITK exception being thrown from the filter.

However, in (2) you found that there is an
access violation Exception being thrown.

You will catch this exception is you use

    catch(  std::exception & excp )

instead of

    catch(  itk::ExceptionObject & excp )

In any case,
The exception that is being thrown is due to an
illegal access to a region of memory. It means
that you have a pointer accessing memory that
has not been allocated for it.

Usual suspectes are:

1) Still the pointer to the filter...

    - Did you tried filter->Print( std::cout );
      in IterateUpdate(). I still think that your
      "filter" pointer there has something to prove...

2) The input image of the ThresholdSegmentation
    filter.

    - Have you verified that a valid image is
      being passed as input to this filter ?

      the simplest test is to use an ImageFileWriter
      connect the image as input to the writer and
      dump the image to a file. Then view the file
      with the ImageViewer application in  InsightApplications,
      or with any other viewer you may have.

3) The input image for the FeatureImage of the
    ThresholdSegmentation filter.

      Are you providing an input for the FeatureImage ?

      If no : You must provide one.
      If yes: Check the validity of the image by
              writing it to a file, as in (2).

You don't need to define any RMSCommand, the Command
contained in the QtSlotAdaptor is all what you need.
It doesn't seem that your crash has anything to do with
the Iteration update, since the exception is thrown from
the Update method and not from the IterationUpdate() method.

If you are debugging with VisualStudio you can setup the
debugger for stopping when an exception is thrown and
showing you the real lines of code involved.

Are you attempting to refresh a visualization at every
iteration of the filter ?
That would be another interesting place to search for
suspects...