[Insight-users] Problem compiling on Windows

Hari Sundar hsundar at seas.upenn.edu
Fri, 9 Jan 2004 17:11:27 -0500

Robb,

I had the same problem a few weeks ago and it turned out (thanks to Luis) that
this happens because of spaces in the path. In your case "Documents and
Settings". Change the install directory and the problem should get fixed.

-Hari

Quoting Robb Brown <brownr at ucalgary.ca>:

=} I'm trying to compile ITK 1.4 on Windows using Visual Studio 6, CMake
=} 1.8.
=}
=} CableSwig compiles fine.  But when I go to compile ITK I get the
=} following error:
=}
=} Building Custom Rule "C:\Documents and
=} Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Python-
=} Windows\download\ITK\InsightToolkit
=} -1.4.0\Wrapping\CSwig\SwigRuntime\swigrun.h"
=} Error executing C:/Documents and
=} Settings/Administrator/Desktop/Python-Windows/download/ITK/CableSwigb/
=} bin/Debug/gccxml_cc1plus.exe
=} Error executing c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe.
=}
=}
=} I notice that the slashes are the wrong way around on the Error
=} executing line.  Is this a problem in CMake?  Any suggestions?
=}
=} BTW -- so far the build on OS X is going fine.  Much better than it
=} used to be.  :)
=}
=} _____________________________
=} Robb Brown